- Decide what image/s you'd like for your room! Prepare a color and black and white copy
- .Using the black and white copy, make a transparency of the image. Most office supply stores have transparency sheets available for purchase.You can use a copier or scanner to make the transparency, or have a local office supply store or copy center assist you.
- Borrow, rent or purchase a projector. You may be able to borrow an overhead projector from your employer or a local school. Most office supply stores also have projectors available for rent.
- Turn the projector on and project the design onto the area you plan to paint.
- Put your transparency image on the projector and adjust the projector until the image is the desired size. Make sure the projector is squarely situated in front of the wall. If it is angled, it will distort the image.
- Trace the projected image on the wall with a soft pencil. In case you need to move the projector before you are finished, mark the position of the projector with masking tape.
- Using the color copy of the image, purchase the paint you need for your mural. Use acrylic paints, although interior latex paints are a feasible option for large areas of color.
- Paint the large areas of your mural first, using a wide, flat paintbrush. Add details and outline images with a round paintbrush.
- After the paint is completely dry, erase all pencil marks.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Dr. Seuss Kid's Room Idea #3
Fill your room with the classic faces of Dr. Seuss! It's pretty easy with a little patience and elbow grease!